Kids can teach you a lot..........about marriage

A friend of mine called me last night with a issue of his. He had a fight with his wife and he was upset about it. Being a bachelor I can still give my friends the luxury to call me whenever they want and come by my place at whatever time they want. So he landed up at my place at 2 in the night. I firstly heard him out very keenly. That's actually the best thing to do to cool down someone's anger. I had learnt this in the call center job I was doing where I worked as a sales exec. He went on and on about the issues he had and the complains he had and how he was being a good husband having even such issues he never complained and all. I just kept on listening just giving single syllable inputs wherever I could. Seriously being a bachelor I could just understand his issue but couldn't share his agony. 
I was just waiting for the opportunity to stop speaking so that I could finally speak. The wait was too long. At 4 he was done with his vomit of agony. I then made him sleep and in the morning called up his wife arranged a meeting so that I could sit them both down and resort to a solution mutually. Something suddenly struck my mind. I told his wife to meet us at a park adjacent to my house. She agreed. 
It was a beautiful sunny morning and my mind had already worked out a bright brilliant idea. I made them seated in a bench near by and I sat besides them. They both looked at each other didn't even give formal greetings to each other. To me the funny guy I am seemed as if India and Pakistan are meeting up each other. I just prayed I didn't have to see them actually fighting with each other with their fists all geared up. 
"Kunal, you have heard your friend's story and you will be at his side" was his wife's reaction. I just looked at her with an expressionless face and then turned to my friend. "Kunal I know you are not partial you can be at her side" I again did not react. Suddenly we heard two kids fighting with each other. The first kid was blaming the other kid that he always does this to him and all that petty kid stuff. The other kid however said the same kind of things instead of accepting mistakes. Both fought and decided not to play with each other. Both sat in opposite corners of the park while the other kids were playing in the park. After sometime both the kids got up and came to the middle of the park. From what I could make out they had come to an agreement and were now playing happily. Within 20 mins of all this they had forgotten all the issue and playing like they never fought. 
I finally spoke. "Child is the father of man. I had always heard this term but today it was actually into action. Those small kids taught is the very essence of marriage. A husband and wife are not just two individuals who get married for particular reasons but they are a team. No one can win with a broken team and no one can bare the fruits all alone. Team work and togetherness is the only thing needed. Both of you fought with each other and wasted a precious day of your lives, where you could have sorted the issue and been together spending amazing time. Think about all the people who are heart broken and don't even have the hopes of someone asking them out or may be just care for them and love them. Marriage is like a car even if one thing is out of place it ain't fun to drive. Ego, anger and pointing out mistakes will just make it complicated. Learn something from these kids. Fight with each other be angry throw tantrums but dont break the team. Both are human and to err is human. So stop thinking who did what and just be a team because if you break the team the loss is yours. Life is too short people are fortunate to have a life partner. There are many who dont have this fortune. Look at those kids and learn from them give away your differences and be one like a team. Handle each other rather than handling problems and life will be beautiful." The couple sat there considering what I said and finally spoke to each other. Hugged each other and brought out the tears. I just left the place leaving them alone. My work was done and I wasn't needed there anymore so I was right where I had to be with the kids playing. These kids gave me a great essence of marriage and I will always keep in mind what I learnt and preached 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE REAR VIEW MIRROR THEORY

The Spectacle Theory

For the Namesake......