The Spectacle Theory

The Spectacle Theory
Since the past few months I have been on a roller coaster ride in my own life. Even though, I have always faced and handled complexities in life with a lot of maturity and peace of mind, this time it was a massive blow from life. However, every human has to face life alone and every human has the ability to transform himself or herself into a better person. Hope, Love and total faith in one’s dreams can make miracles happen.
I had stopped taking counseling cases, also had taken a break from writing, I was introspecting and improving my own inner strength and confidence. In this time friends do play a very important role, I was at a friend’s place when this incident took place. It was something so simple yet so amazing that I could not resist writing it.
I was with my friend, standing in the balcony of his bungalow. We were just chit chatting with each other about normal stuff. “Kunal seriously man I am so tensed about my future. I just don’t know how things will work out and I just don’t understand what I will do with myself. Thinking about the future gives me jitters. I get so anxious at times and also lose all hope. Just feel like giving up now. I don’t understand why do we have to go through so many issues in life. Can’t life be simple? Can’t there be peace?” He said. “Can you just remove your specks for a second?” I said. He was looking at me with a perplexed look. “Kunal, did you just hear what I said?” He asked. “Yes I did but I just want you to remove your specks for a second.” I replied. He was not aware as to what I am upto then too he did as I said. “Fine, I removed my specks, now what you want me to do? Dance around? I am into a serious discussion here and all you want me to do is dance to your circus.” He said with disappointment. “Well, this even you will have to agree, that my circus often finds people the correct answers, and often gives you a clearer perspective of everything. Anyway, now just look at the things outside the balcony and tell me what you see.” I said. He shrugged his shoulders and looked out. “Kunal I cannot see a damn thing out here, you know I am short sighted I cannot see faraway objects without my specks.” He said. “That’s your problem my friend. You are looking at faraway objects, I asked you what you see and you are not seeing where you have to. Look at the most closest patch that you can see clearly.” I replied. He looked at the closest patch. “I see my car parked near the gate, I see a sweeper sweeping the street, I also see a guy sitting on his bike waiting for someone I guess.” He described everything. “All this you could see clearly?” I asked. “Yes.” He replied. “Now wear your specks and sit down here.” I said. He did as I asked. “When you removed your specks and tried looking at the far away objects you could not see a damn thing. But you could see everything that was close by. Life also has the similar kind of vision deficiencies. People often tend to look at the future, they are blinded with anxiety, fear and nervousness, this further leads to lack of motivation and hopes. People do not look by at the closest patch that is the present time.” I said. He was now listening to me intently. “When you remove the specks in life and look at the closest patch you will see everything clearly, a clear vision gives you confidence, hopes and all the motivation required. It takes away the anxiety and fear, because you are no longer staring in the wilderness of an unclear and blurred future. Future is never built on what you see in the far away vision; future is built on what you see in the present and how you make things happen in the present. Remember, no one can predict your future, but only you can make it as you want it, but only by being in the present.” I took a pause and looked at him. “Kunal, this is wishful thinking; this is easier said than done. Don’t you have anxiety about your future? Don’t you get jitters? Don’t you have fears?” He asked. I laughed for a second and then said, “My friend I was not born in a test tube, neither am I a superhero, I am human like you. I also have my fears, my anxieties and recently I too had my emotional breakdown.” “Then how are you so hopeful, so positive, and still full of life and so happy go lucky, what is the secret? Whenever I see you, you are always up to some pranks or jokes I never see you tensed, depressed or crying.” I smiled and replied, “I too cry my friend, I too be sad, but the secret to my way of living is I have got the correct prescription of the specks to look at my life.”  “Correct prescription of the specks to look at life, can you elaborate on this please. We are not counselors like you.” He giggled and asked. “It’s very simple actually. Just tell me one thing; you go for an eye checkup regularly. If your optometrist finds that the specks you are wearing are not of the correct prescription or he feels that it has to be changed, what do you do?” I asked him. “I get the specks changed and wear the new prescription given to me. That is a pretty simple thing.” He now knew what I was trying to say. “So Kunal you mean to say we should change the way we look at life and the future?” I smiled and replied to this, “Exactly my friend. What we do is, we look at the future with the specks of fear, anxiety and uncertainty. It is very natural actually. It is basic human inhibition. Even I do that sometimes. But we fail to understand that we need to look at the future with the prescription of positive attitude, happiness, and a lot of confidence. We should look at the future with all the hopes we have. Only then you will not fear it, you will love it. Life is very beautiful, but the moment fear enters life, it destroys every beautiful thing and feeling. If you ever feel feared again about the future, very simple my friend, first remove your specks, look at the closest patch and then change the prescription, I can guarantee then life will show you exactly what you want to see.” He looked at me with a smile. “I agree we are all so busy being feared about life and about future that we forget to love it, we forget to love what we have, and then land up being sad. But from now on I will remove the specks look at the closest patch and then change the prescription. This is a nice Spectacle Theory you evolved here.” We both giggled. I got up to leave. “Kunal, how is your book coming out?” He asked. “My book is coming out quite well; I hope to get it published soon enough. I am hopeful it will be a bestseller.” I said. “Dude you know we all are eagerly waiting to read your book. Finish it soon man. All the best.” He said. “All in good time my friend. All in good time.”
I returned home and started my work on my book. I was so intrigued with the discussion I had with my friend. I thought of putting it down in my blog and my friend had provided an apt title for the same, ‘The Spectacle Theory.’ I would like to convey the same thoughts to my readers remove your specks, look at the closest patch, and change the prescription.


I love you the most in the whole universe,
My love I can no longer walk in the reverse.
It pains me to be away from you each day,
But I know God would decide hence I pray.
I cannot sit and be negative about everything,
Miracles are only created when you are happy when you sing.
I am foolishly positive I know,
I am madly hopeful I know,
But in love it does happen so.
The world may not see my vision today,
But united with you I will stand one day.



Ending my article with this poem that came to my mind. Signing off for now-------- The Miracle Maker. 

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you I am so happy you liked my work. Hope these words inspire you and others too.

      Delete
  2. That was beautiful! A great lesson for everyone anxious about the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maheshi. Yes everyone is running in a rat race towards the future, ultimately everyone has forgotten to live life and enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Nirav. How can I forget that you were the person to inspire me to write. This whole idea of writing a blog was inception of your inspiration. Thanks

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! U made me see life differently. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divya Di life is always beautiful even when it makes us cry it still is beautiful, you just have to romance it like you romance some real person only then you will see the magic happen.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful yaar. Am actually going thru similar phase and thought that this is actually meant for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shruti I hope you get out of all your issues and life brings you happiness always. I pray everyone around becomes happy

      Delete
  6. Very interesting read.. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE REAR VIEW MIRROR THEORY

For the Namesake......